Le Club de motoneige Onatchiway is very much concerned with safety and security on the trails. Play it safe at all times.
Here are some basic rules:
- Always wear a helmet.
- You must be 14 years old to operate a snowmobile.
- Your snowmobile must have compulsory equipment. It is forbidden to remove or modify this equipment.
- Driving on public roads on a snowmobile is against the law.
- You must have an Access Pass to operate a snowmobile on private or federated trails.
Le Club de motoneige Onatchiway has Territory Wardens(GARDIENS DE TERRITOIRE), named according to article 8 of the conservation act. Their main function is to control the application of certain regulations pertaining to activities on the ZEC such as snowmobiling.
These "GARDIENS DE TERRITOIRE" can ask any snowmobiler to identify himself/herselfshow his/her access pass. Failing to show an access pass can entail a $250.00 fine(artcile 61.1r.4.5).
Suggestions for safe and trouble-free outings:
- Wear an approved helmut, properly fitted.
- Wear warm clothing.
- Have emergency supplies on board
- Bring extra fuel on long outings.
- Be attentive to trail signs.
- Keep right at all times.
Exemples of trail signs.